Picture gallery Holtenauer Hochbrücke accident: Freighter with a high crane rams bridges on November 30th, 2022. Both bridges and shipping traffic in the Kiel Canal are completely closed for an indefinite period!
In the early morning, the heavy-duty freighter MERI, loaded with a high crane, wanted to pass the Kiel Canal from Holtenau to Brunsbüttel. But it already happened at the first bridge on the freighter’s route, the Holtennau High Bridge: The crane on the ship was too high and rammed both Holtenau High Bridges.
To the article: Holtenauer Hochbrücke: Freighter with a high crane rams bridges on November 30th, 2022
Similar news from the blog
- Last trip for U 17 from Kiel through the Kiel Canal to the Technik Museum Sinsheim Speyer Posted on: 30. April 2023
- 70 meter submarine "Impeccable" in the Kiel Canal and the Kiel Fjord Posted on: 29. April 2023
- Cruise season 2023: Cruise ship "Balmoral" moors at the Ostseekai Posted on: 14. April 2023
- Lürssen Megayacht 1601 in the Kiel Canal on the way to test drives in the Baltic Sea Posted on: 18. March 2023
- Mega yacht "Project Cosmos" arrived in Kiel Posted on: 10. March 2023
- Kiel Canal reopened to ship traffic after 13 days of closure Posted on: 3. January 2023
- Kiel Canal: Last day for the MS Schwentine on the Holtenau-Wik route Posted on: 13. December 2022
- Holtenauer Hochbrücken: Since December 7th, traffic has been rolling over the Prinz-Heinrich-Bridge again Posted on: 7. December 2022
- Holtenauer Hochbrücke: Preparations for the release of the Prinz-Heinrich-Bridge from December 7th, 2022 Posted on: 6. December 2022
- Holtenauer Hochbrücke: Freighter with a high crane rams bridges on November 30th, 2022 Posted on: 30. November 2022